[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: LALR Parser Generator Available?
- To: kempf%hplabsc@hplabs.HP.COM
- Subject: Re: LALR Parser Generator Available?
- From: smh@EMS.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Steven Haflich)
- Date: Wed, 4 Feb 87 10:07:55 EST
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
The good news: I happen to have exactly such a beast. It is
essentially an analog of YACC written in portable Common Lisp.
Grammar rules may be coded as Lisp sexprs, or through a front end
translator providing YACC-like syntax. (The front end is written in
The bad news: The software is proprietary, owned by a former employer.
I'm trying to negotiate an arrangement whereby it could be released.
The fact that from time to time someone expresses interest increases
the chance it will happen, but I'm afraid the process will take
months, not weeks.