[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Rational Infinity
- To: Richard Fateman <fateman@renoir.Berkeley.EDU>, DCP@QUABBIN.SCRC.Symbolics.COM, firstname.lastname@example.org, jbarnett@NRTC.ARPA
- Subject: Re: Rational Infinity
- From: David C. Plummer <DCP@QUABBIN.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Wed, 4 Feb 87 17:34 EST
- In-reply-to: <8702041935.AA28650@renoir.Berkeley.EDU>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 87 11:35:39 PST
From: fateman@renoir.Berkeley.EDU (Richard Fateman)
there are also complex numbers and complex infinities of both
rational and floating-point forms in CL. These must be dealt with.
The with-rational-trap-enables ... proposal suggests that
trap enabling should have dynamic scope. Do you mean this?
Yes, I do mean for them to have dynamic scope. I'd hate to try to write
a program that has to put one of these around the lexical scope of each
possible division, which may not even be division of ratios. It's like
the scope of *read-base*; it affects how the program runs.