[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
REMF and REMPROP
- To: Fahlman@C.CS.CMU.EDU, common-lisp@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- Subject: REMF and REMPROP
- From: Daniel L. Weinreb <DLW@ALDERAAN.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Fri, 6 Feb 87 13:32 EST
- In-reply-to: <FAHLMAN.12276898296.BABYL@C.CS.CMU.EDU>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1987 10:36 EST
From: "Scott E. Fahlman" <Fahlman@C.CS.CMU.EDU>
I was attempting to give my own view on a reasonable
philosophy for handling these things prior to an official clarification:
Oh, I see. OK.
In cases where it is obvious that most users will have a certain model
of how an operation is going to be implemented, it is best not to go
against that model.
OK, I agree with this. I think the only question is whether it's so
obvious what users are modelling or expecting. It's certainly hard to
come up with a definitive way of resolving that.