[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: ELIOT%cs.umass.edu@CSNET-RELAY.ARPA, Common-Lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- Subject: Printing Structures
- From: Daniel L. Weinreb <DLW@ALDERAAN.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Mon, 6 Oct 86 13:48 EDT
- In-reply-to: The message of 5 Oct 86 09:33 EDT from ELIOT%cs.umass.edu@CSNET-RELAY.ARPA
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 86 09:33 EDT
I do not want the default printing format for structures changed.
Symbolic's incorrect implementation of this has gotten me very upset.
Just for the record, Symbolics's Release 7 (coming very soon) implements
this in accordance with the standard. In general, Release 7 has far
fewer variances with the CL spec than Release 6.
We also have a special variable, called *print-structure-contents*,
(default t, of course) that controls this behavior. That several
implementations have found it necessary to adopt extensions to provide
this ability suggests that the ability ought to be made part of the