[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: type-of
- From: email@example.com (Jon L White)
- Date: Mon, 24 Nov 86 19:36:21 PST
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: email@example.com's message of Wed, 19 Nov 86 09:11:01 MST
I had once thought of using TYPE-OF in the situation where I knew something
was a defstruct, but didn't know it's name/type; however, just knowing that
something is an instance of a defstruct isn't a portable question right now.
Wasn't there a suggestion some time ago to have a new primitive function
(or functions) for asking just these kinds of questions; i.e., is an object
an instance of a structure defined without the :type option? and if so, what
is its type name?
-- JonL --