[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: synonym streams..
- To: common-lisp@su-ai.ARPA
- Subject: Re: synonym streams..
- From: Masinter.pa@Xerox.COM
- Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1986 15:09:00 -0000
- In-reply-to: David Bein <pyramid!bein@hplabs.HP.COM>'s message of 5 Aug 86 09:05 PDT
I propose the following rule: "It is an error to attempt to close a
stream that wasn't created with open."
With this rule, it would follow that, since synonym, broadcast and
two-way streams are not created with open, it is an error to perform
"close" on them.