[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Fixing optional arguments?
- To: DCP@QUABBIN.SCRC.Symbolics.COM
- Subject: Re: Fixing optional arguments?
- From: Gregor Kiczales <Gregor.pa@Xerox.COM>
- Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1986 15:18:00 -0000
- Cc: Fahlman@C.CS.CMU.EDU, Gregor.pa@Xerox.COM, Common-Lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- In-reply-to: David C. Plummer <DCP@QUABBIN.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>'s message of Wed, 27 Aug 86 21:14 EDT
- Sender: Gregor.pa@Xerox.COM
From: David C. Plummer <DCP@QUABBIN.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
Subject: Fixing optional arguments?
and somebody calls it with B or C being the value of unsupplied-... That
means I would have to put a prelude function in that looks roughly like
No you wouldn't have to put such a prelude. As soon as function call sees the
value of unsupplied-optional-argument it drops the rest of the arguments on
(values arg-3 arg-4)))
I don't see that as being much easier than saying:
(foo arg-1 arg-2)
(foo arg-1 arg-2 arg-3 arg-4))