[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
*applyhook* question (hopefully I'll get it right this time)
- To: common-lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- Subject: *applyhook* question (hopefully I'll get it right this time)
- From: SANDRA <LOOSEMORE@UTAH-20.ARPA>
- Date: Thu 18 Sep 86 12:04:06-MDT
CLtL says the apply hook function "takes three arguments, a function, a list
of arguments, and an environment". Three questions:
(1) Is the "function" argument already evaluated? There are no user-
accessible functions for extracting its definition from the environment, so
I don't see how the hook function could make much use of an unevaluated
(2) Are the arguments in the argument list argument already evaluated, or
is it the responsibility of the hook function to evaluate them before
applying the function?
(3) If both the "function" and "argument list" arguments are already
evaluated, what does the hook function need an environment for?