[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Proposal #13: Structure Sharing in Arguments
- To: willc%tekchips.tek.csnet@CSNET-RELAY.ARPA, common-lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- Subject: Proposal #13: Structure Sharing in Arguments
- From: Daniel L. Weinreb <DLW@QUABBIN.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Sat, 26 Jul 86 13:55 EDT
- In-reply-to: <8607232003.AA00325@tekchips.TEK>
Date: 23 Jul 86 13:03:26 PDT (Wed)
in any reasonable implementation the &REST argument will
have been freshly consed.
That's an extremely odd idea. The entire reason that we have &REST
arguments at all is to avoid the need for consing the list. Had we
intended for the list to be freshly consed, we would never have
implemented &REST at all; we'd have just let the caller cons up a list
and pass it as a regular argument.