[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Scope of Declarations.
- To: "common-lisp" <common-lisp@su-ai.ARPA>
- Subject: Scope of Declarations.
- From: "BACH::GREEK" <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1986 18:14:00 -0000
- Reply-to: "BACH::GREEK" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
We've been off the network for a while, so I just got a chance to
read Pavel's proposal and the responses. I'd like to give a cheer
for this proposal, which simplifies declarations and removes some
of the bogusities of the current description. I have not thought
carefully about any new problems it might create.
Now, at the risk of hairing it up again, let me ask what people
think about declarations which do not pertain to a name being
bound in the current contour. In particular:
(LET ((X 1))
(DECLARE (FIXNUM Y))
(LOCALLY (DECLARE (FIXNUM Y))
These are certainly powerful in many different situations. Is the
extra complexity worth it?