[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
(declare (type fixnum ---)) considered etc.
- To: "Robert A. Cassels" <Cassels@SCRC-STONY-BROOK.ARPA>
- Subject: (declare (type fixnum ---)) considered etc.
- From: Rob MacLachlan <RAM@C.CS.CMU.EDU>
- Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1986 19:53:00 -0000
- Cc: common-lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- In-reply-to: Msg of 23 Jul 1986 15:26-EDT from Robert A. Cassels <Cassels at STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
Almost every other language in the entire world has a "INTEGER"
type which has an ill-defined, fixed precision. If Common Lisp is
going to have comparable performance to these languages when running
on the same hardware, then it is going to have to be comparably