[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Extent of function definition created by FLET/LABELS: additional remark
- To: NGALL@G.BBN.COM, common-lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- Subject: Extent of function definition created by FLET/LABELS: additional remark
- From: Guy Steele <gls@THINK-AQUINAS.ARPA>
- Date: Thu, 10 Apr 86 11:15 EST
- Cc: gls@THINK-AQUINAS.ARPA
- In-reply-to: <[G.BBN.COM] 8-Apr-86 18:06:32.NGALL>
Date: 8 Apr 1986 18:06-EST
Is the following legal CL:
(funcall (labels ((foo () (print "hello"))
(bar () (foo)))
If not, where is it forbidden?
P.S. It works in VaxLisp.
Page 39 ought to state that bindings of function names,
as well as variable bindings, have lexical scope and
indefinite extent. Page 113 also ought to make explicit
mention of this.