[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: common-lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- Subject: with-output-to-string
- From: David A. Moon <Moon@SCRC-STONY-BROOK.ARPA>
- Date: Wed, 23 Apr 86 22:31 EST
- In-reply-to: <8604231512.AA01394@hplsny>
Date: Wednesday, April 23, 1986 07:12:11
From: Alan Snyder <snyder%hplsny@hplabs.ARPA>
I haven't looked too hard, so perhaps I am missing something, but: What
function is used by WITH-OUTPUT-TO-STRING to create an output stream to an
One that isn't documented.
MAKE-STRING-OUTPUT-STREAM does not take an argument.
In some implementations WITH-OUTPUT-TO-STRING does not work by calling
MAKE-STRING-OUTPUT-STREAM, since the former stream has dynamic extent
and the latter stream has indefinite extent.
The extension I think you are proposing is reasonable as an extension.
Do you propose that GET-OUTPUT-STREAM-STRING be allowed on that type