[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Dave Moon's summary of EVAL-WHEN issues.
- To: "common-lisp" <common-lisp@su-ai.ARPA>
- Subject: Dave Moon's summary of EVAL-WHEN issues.
- From: "BACH::GREEK" <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 04 Apr 1986 12:48:00 -0000
- Reply-to: "BACH::GREEK" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Thank you. This summarizes the issues quite well. My suggestion that
there is another EVAL-WHEN situation was prompted by one simple desire.
There is no way to tell the compiler to digest a DEFMACRO for purposes
of future expansion, but not to evaluate it or dump it in the fastload
file. What I want is:
I don't want to say (EVAL-WHEN (COMPILE) ...) because I don't want
to change my global environment. I don't want to say (EVAL-WHEN (LOAD) ...)
because I don't want it dumped.
I certainly agree that "EVAL-WHEN" is a real misnomer for this sort