[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Pavel.pa@XEROX.COM
- Subject: EVAL-WHEN
- From: Skef Wholey <Wholey@C.CS.CMU.EDU>
- Date: Fri, 04 Apr 1986 21:53:00 -0000
- Cc: Common-Lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- In-reply-to: Msg of 4 Apr 1986 17:37-EST from Pavel.pa at Xerox.COM
- Sender: WHOLEY@C.CS.CMU.EDU
Gosh, how about reviving a Lisp-tradition of using nomenclature specific to
computers and architectures -- the same that gave us CAR and CDR.
Looking at the PDP-10 instruction set, upon which the venerable MacLisp and
Interlisp spent most of their lives, we might arrive at XCT-WHEN. Spelling it
as normal people might, how about EXECUTE-WHEN?