[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
What can I redefine?
- To: Rob MacLachlan <RAM%C.CS.CMU.EDU@SCRC-STONY-BROOK.ARPA>, Pavel.pa%XEROX.COM@SCRC-STONY-BROOK.ARPA
- Subject: What can I redefine?
- From: David C. Plummer <DCP@SCRC-QUABBIN.ARPA>
- Date: Tue, 8 Apr 86 10:42 EST
- Cc: Common-Lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- In-reply-to: <RAM.12197044053.BABYL@C.CS.CMU.EDU>
- References: <860407-151544-1636@Xerox>, <RAM.12197044053.BABYL@C.CS.CMU.EDU>
[Excuse the possibly bogus mail addresses; our domain system doesn't
deal with down domain servers very well.]
In addition, some systems know that CAR was not originally defined by
the user, and may complain if the user tries to redefine it. If the
user did say "Yes, it's OK." I wouldn't be at all surprised if the user
wouldn't immediately have to reload the Lisp system, as the system will
probably get very unhappy when CAR returns something other than the
first item of a list.