[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Basic Design Questions: function cells
- To: berman@isi-vaxa.ARPA
- Subject: Re: Basic Design Questions: function cells
- From: Alan Snyder <snyder@hplsny>
- Date: Wednesday, February 19, 1986 14:21:00
- Cc: common-lisp@su-ai.ARPA
- In-reply-to: Your message of 19-Feb-86 12:43:00
The function cell can also hold the lambda expression for an interpreted
function, so you can't do a blind JSR anyway.
Your assumption that the lambda expression for an interpreted function must be
stored in the function cell is incorrect. PSL used the implementation
technique that I described, with good results.