[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
What does LOAD use for read table & package?
- To: common-lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- Subject: What does LOAD use for read table & package?
- From: David A. Moon <Moon@SCRC-STONY-BROOK.ARPA>
- Date: Thu, 27 Feb 86 14:15 EST
- In-reply-to: <[MC.LCS.MIT.EDU].831718.860226.JAR>
I believe that the only viable possibility for LOAD of a compiled file
is to bind *PACKAGE* to the same value that it had when the file was
compiled. This means that the compiler must transmit this information
to the loader in some way. If there are SETQs of *PACKAGE* in the
source file (perhaps disguised as IN-PACKAGE), then they should do the
same thing at load time as they did at compile time.
This is obviously an area where the language definition could use a lot
of tightening up. The issues are not simple, especially if one is unwilling
to learn from experience.