[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Defstruct Extensions
- To: gallagher%umass-cs.CSNet@CSNet-Relay.ARPA
- Subject: Re: Defstruct Extensions
- From: Gregor.pa@Xerox.COM
- Date: Tue, 04 Feb 1986 13:54:00 -0000
- Cc: Common-Lisp@su-ai.ARPA
- In-reply-to: Kevin Gallagher <gallagher@umass-cs.CSNET>'s message of Mon, 3 Feb 86 13:15 EST
Several of these functions exist in CommonLoops. In addition, the
metaclass mechanism makes it easy to make Portable CommonLoops (PCL)
deal with a particular CommonLisp's defstruct types as "first class"
This means that if you have a version of PCL which has been "taught"
about the particular Common Lisp's local type system you can use the PCL
functions to get the information you need regardless of whether you are
asking about a type defined by defstruct or a CommonLoops class.
GET-STRUCTURE-SLOT is called GET-SLOT
STRUCTURE-SLOT-NAMES is called ALL-SLOTS
MAKE-STRUCTURE is called MAKE
don't exist as named functions, but it might be a good idea to add them.
Of course, the only interesting part is making them setfable.