[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Compiling functions which appear inside top-level forms.
- To: Fahlman@C.CS.CMU.EDU
- Subject: Re: Compiling functions which appear inside top-level forms.
- From: Gregor.pa@Xerox.COM
- Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1986 17:05:00 -0000
- Cc: Gregor.pa@Xerox.COM, Common-Lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- In-reply-to: "Scott E. Fahlman" <Fahlman@C.CS.CMU.EDU>'s message of Mon, 10 Feb 86 15:46 EST
Will it be a lexical closure?
In this example, the question is moot since the function does not use
anything from the lexical envrionment outside of itself. But in
general, it will see the lexical environment.
I should have said "Will it be a lexical closure or will it be something simpler
(if the Lisp supports compiled functions which are simpler than lexical closures
and can be funcalled faster)".