[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Misc Queries
- To: Stanley Shebs <shebs%utah-orion@UTAH-CS.ARPA>
- Subject: Re: Misc Queries
- From: David A. Moon <Moon@SCRC-STONY-BROOK.ARPA>
- Date: Sun, 24 Nov 85 17:55 EST
- Cc: common-lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- In-reply-to: <8511241730.AA27238@utah-orion.ARPA>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 85 10:30:53 MST
From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Stanley Shebs)
(defun more-disgusting (a &optional (b (setq a nil))) (list a b))
This is almost plausible (you could save a supplied-p for b), and the CLM
doesn't disallow it.
I don't see anything at all problematic about this. a is just a variable like
any other variable. This doesn't have the problem that the previous examples
had, where the same data were being used for more than one argument: the rest
argument and the keyword arguments.
Perhaps the spec could be modified to say that
initforms may refer to parameters on the left, but not modify them.
I don't see any reason to change the language here.