[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Minor Typo = Major Faux Pas!
- To: RPG@SU-AI.ARPA, common-lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- Subject: Minor Typo = Major Faux Pas!
- From: Guy Steele <gls@THINK-AQUINAS.ARPA>
- Date: Mon, 25 Nov 85 10:53 EST
- Cc: gls@THINK-AQUINAS.ARPA
- In-reply-to: The message of 23 Nov 85 19:28-EST from Dick Gabriel <RPG@SU-AI.ARPA>
Date: 23 Nov 85 1628 PST
From: Dick Gabriel <RPG@SU-AI.ARPA>
Dan mentioned that an existential quantifier was mistyped at some
place where a 3 was meant. He meant to say the an existential
quantifier was mistyped *every* place a 3 was meant. I think the
spot to which he refers is a place where the TTY font for `3'
belongs, and that representation of `3' looks exactly like an
existential sign. This is because that is the best font Digital
Press could come up with.
Similarly, on page 49, third line, you will see a terminal cursor
between "(integer " and " 2 -1)", and again on the next line.
That threw me during proofreading!