[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: UNIX terminal io incompatibility
- To: gray@GSWD-VMS.ARPA
- Subject: Re: UNIX terminal io incompatibility
- From: Andy Freeman <ANDY@SU-SUSHI.ARPA>
- Date: Tue 1 Oct 85 10:57:17-PDT
- Cc: common-lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- In-reply-to: Message from "gray@GSWD-VMS" of Tue 1 Oct 85 10:37:56-PDT
Unix isn't the only operating system with redirectable output.
(TOPS-20, believe it or not, does also; probably Tenex does as well.
.priin and .priou are similar to stdin and stdout. The reason you've
never heard of it is that they couldn't figure out a decent exec
If one is going to attach *standard-output* and *standard-input* to
stdout and stdin respectively, *error-output* should be attached to
stderr. I don't know about *trace-output*.