[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: free variable references in interpreter.
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: free variable references in interpreter.
- From: perdue%hplabs.csnet@CSNET-RELAY.ARPA
- Date: Monday, November 4, 1985 14:21:50
- In-reply-to: Your message of 1-Nov-85 14:37:00
- Source-info: From (or Sender) name not authenticated.
Scott Fahlman's comments on permissibility of warning and error
messages when not called for by the Common LISP definition
look good to me.
Portably written code should port without hassles, and drawing
the line between warnings and errors looks right. Warning
messages for legal code are OK sometimes as default behavior,
but signalling errors is not.