[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Language spec should be public domain
- To: REM@MIT-MC.ARPA
- Subject: Language spec should be public domain
- From: "Scott E. Fahlman" <Fahlman@C.CS.CMU.EDU>
- Date: Fri, 08 Nov 1985 02:06:00 -0000
- Cc: COMMON-LISP@SU-AI.ARPA
- In-reply-to: Msg of 1985 Nov 07 15:27:32 PST (=GMT-8hr) from Robert Elton Maas <REM at IMSSS.SU.EDU>
- Sender: FAHLMAN@C.CS.CMU.EDU
Before CL can ever become very widely used (like ASCII for example),
it must become an ANSI/CCITT/ISO standard...
I disagree totally with this view. Lots of things are widely used that
are not blessed by these particular bureaucracies. But I do agree with
the view that the proprietary nature of the document is hurting us, and
is hurting some more than others.