[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Sigh on recursive printing.
- To: "common-lisp" <common-lisp@su-ai.ARPA>
- Subject: Sigh on recursive printing.
- From: "BACH::GREEK" <email@example.com>
- Date: 0 0 00:00:00 EST
- Reply-to: "BACH::GREEK" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Anyway, the solutions in order of cleanliness seem to me:
1. Add a recursive-p argument to ALL the printing functions.
2. Implement some kind of TOP-LEVEL-PRINT macro.
3. Add a depth argument to ALL the printing functions. Why are
you assuming that top-level prints only affect the depth? They
may do all sorts of other things.
Since we aren't likely to accept 1 or 3 because we can't add arguments
to functions, then it looks like 2.