[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Clearing the screen and other such things.
- To: TIM@MIT-MC.ARPA, KMP@SCRC-STONY-BROOK.ARPA
- Subject: Clearing the screen and other such things.
- From: Guy Steele <gls@THINK-AQUINAS.ARPA>
- Date: Mon, 29 Jul 85 12:53 EDT
- Cc: COMMON-LISP@SU-AI.ARPA, gls@THINK-AQUINAS.ARPA
- In-reply-to: <[MIT-MC.ARPA].590150.850727.TIM>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 85 05:11:22 EDT
From: Tim McNerney <TIM@MIT-MC.ARPA>
Many terminals don't support these operations. If we are trying to limit
ourselves to a set of essential primitives, I would suggest that these be
flushed, since they are merely abstractions for printing the sequences,
backspace-space-backspace and space-backspace, respectively.
This remark raises the question of whether the terminal has overstrike
capabilities or not; and if it does not, whether space is transparent