[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: close queries
- To: robbins@DEC-HUDSON.ARPA
- Subject: Re: close queries
- From: System-Assoc Dir <IMSSS@SUMEX-AIM.ARPA>
- Date: Fri 30 Aug 85 19:37:27-PDT
- Cc: IMSSS@SUMEX-AIM.ARPA, common-lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- In-reply-to: Message from "robbins@DEC-HUDSON" of Wed 21 Aug 85 11:18:49-PDT
To close a synonym stream without closing the underlying stream,
you could reset the mediating symbol to point at a closed stream.
This is less than adequate for the general case, but might suggest
some mechanism that would work generally. (One problem of course
is that you may still want to access the name, etc., of the closed
stream.) I'm inclined to argue that the underlying stream should
not be closed, simply to give the user finer control.