[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Rob MacLachlan <RAM@CMU-CS-C.ARPA>
- Subject: Get-Setf-Method
- From: "Scott E. Fahlman" <Fahlman@CMU-CS-C.ARPA>
- Date: Sun, 02 Jun 1985 19:20:00 -0000
- Cc: common-lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- In-reply-to: Msg of 23 May 1985 08:03-EDT from Rob MacLachlan <RAM>
- Sender: FAHLMAN@CMU-CS-C.ARPA
Get-Setf-Method should take an (optional?) environment argument so
that it can expand macros correctly.
Steve Handerson has pointed out that MACRO-FUNCTION also needs an
optional evironment argument, since without this we have no way of
getting hold of the expansion function for a lexically defined macro
(though we can execute this function). This may or may not be important
for normal code, but it is definitely important for writing environment
tools such as a single-stepper.