[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Arrays with zero dimensions.
- To: greek@DEC-HUDSON@THINK.ARPA, common-lisp@su-ai
- Subject: Arrays with zero dimensions.
- From: Guy Steele <gls@THINK.ARPA>
- Date: Fri, 07 Jun 1985 13:48:00 -0000
- Cc: gls@THINK.ARPA
- In-reply-to: The message of 6 Jun 85 15:30-EDT from greek at DEC-HUDSON at think
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 85 15:30:40 EDT
Is it really of cosmic importance that we allow dimensions of zero?
We sure could invent a lot of baggage to handle it correctly, but...
Well, empty strings have their uses. And in image processing I can
easily imagine wanting to extract a sub-rectangle of a rectangular
pixel array; in certain boundary cases one dimensions might be zero.