[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: common-lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- Subject: :-(
- From: "Scott E. Fahlman" <Fahlman@CMU-CS-C.ARPA>
- Date: Sat, 11 May 1985 13:35:00 -0000
- Sender: FAHLMAN@CMU-CS-C.ARPA
Upon reflection, I shouldn't have been so flippant in dismissing BSG's
suggestion about macro-expansion environments, and I apologize to him.
I assume that his suggestion was serious, and poking fun at suggestions
that we disagree with is obviously not the best way to promote the free
flow of ideas. It has been a long week, and I was feeling irritable.
I think that this suggestion is a step in the wrong direction. We want
to make the whole issue of macros expanding in funny places less
confusing, not more so, and a multiple name space mechansism so that
macros in various places can have the same name doesn't look to me like
a good idea.
- From: Bernard S. Greenberg <BSG@SCRC-STONY-BROOK.ARPA>