[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Guy Steele <gls%AQUINAS@THINK.ARPA>
- Subject: Backquote idioms
- From: David C. Plummer in disguise <DCP@SCRC-QUABBIN.ARPA>
- Date: Wed, 22 May 85 11:54 EDT
- Cc: common-lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- In-reply-to: <850522105634.1.GLS@MUNGO.ARPA>
Date: Wednesday, 22 May 1985, 10:56-EDT
From: Guy Steele <gls%AQUINAS@THINK.ARPA>
```(,@',,@q) ;Alan's example
(QUOTE (3 5) (4 6))
<error> ;but would be sensible if Q were the singleton list (R),
; in which case third evaluation would produce (3 5).
Do you all believe these?
Does it matter? RWK said he has never used a triple backquote. Neither
have I. There may be applications which are really good hacks, but can
they be maintained? Even some double nested backquotes require enough
though that they should probably be avoided. Conciseness and
compactness does not imply clarity and robustness.