[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
macr --> declares
- To: vanroggen@DEC-HUDSON.ARPA
- Subject: macr --> declares
- From: Rob MacLachlan <RAM@CMU-CS-C.ARPA>
- Date: Sat, 04 May 1985 22:57:00 -0000
- Cc: common-lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- In-reply-to: Msg of 4 May 1985 18:44-EDT from vanroggen at DEC-HUDSON
I complained about this a while ago, and at the time, no one seemed to
think it worth changing the language definition. But it is a useful
feature, and not having macros expand into declarations won't avoid
having some macros needing to parse declarations.
It won't eliminate the need for *any* macro's declaration parsing; it
will make it easier to do correctly. I suspect that at the time,
nobody had implemented a macro that parsed declarations correctly, and
it is entirely possibly that this is still the case.
I challenge you assertion that it is a useful feature---show me.