[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Do I really know anything about Common LISP?
- To: common-lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- Subject: Do I really know anything about Common LISP?
- From: Guy.Steele@CMU-CS-A.ARPA
- Date: Thu, 20 Dec 1984 05:49:00 -0000
- In-reply-to: "Robert Elton Maas's message of 17 Dec 84 00:43-EST"
On the contrary: I remember explicitly thinking about L-to-R evaluation
several times while writing the book, but somehow the words I intended at
one time to write never appeared in the book.
One can intend all kinds of things, or fail to intend all kinds of things,
but a book that big is so complicated it's all too likely you'll mess upo
somewhere, whether in transcribing other people's ideas or your own.
That's why we have EMACS instead of :COPY TTY:,DSK: (and, for that
matter, DDT as well as MIDAS) [non-MIT people please excuse the lapse
into ITS terminology].