[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Fahlman@CMU-CS-C.ARPA
- Subject: &whole
- From: "Daniel L. Weinreb" <DLW@SCRC-QUABBIN.ARPA>
- Date: Thu, 6 Sep 84 08:52 EDT
- Cc: Common-Lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- In-reply-to: <FAHLMAN.12045271974.BABYL@CMU-CS-C.ARPA>
I agree with you completely.
We should be careful to define the error-checking behavior that this
function must meet. The one presently installed on the Lisp Machine
doesn't check if a list is too long NOR if a list is too short -- in the
latter case the variable is bound to NIL. However, it does signal an
error if it tries to CAR into an atom. I don't know whether this
behavior is intentional or a bug.
- From: "Scott E. Fahlman" <Fahlman@CMU-CS-C.ARPA>