[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Questions about OPEN
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Questions about OPEN
- From: Robert (LISPer 68K)Heller <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 3 Oct 84 08:26 EST
I have some questions about what the function OPEN returns if
:DIRECTION is :PROBE:
1) if the file exists, does OPEN return a closed stream?
2) if the file does not exist and :IF-DOES-NOT-EXIST is
:CREATE, what does OPEN do? create an empty and return a
I realize that the second case is somewhat pathological, but
I want to implement something reasonable for OPEN. The manual
(published edition) is not very clear about just what OPEN does with
a :DIRECTION of :PROBE. It just says that OPEN does not really open
the file, just tests for its existence.