[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
question about REQUIRE
- To: AS%hp-labs.csnet@CSNET-RELAY.ARPA
- Subject: question about REQUIRE
- From: "David A. Moon" <Moon%SCRC-TENEX@SCRC-RIVERSIDE.ARPA>
- Date: Fri, 4 May 84 20:41 EDT
- Cc: Common-Lisp@SU-AI.ARPA, AS@CSNET-RELAY.ARPA
- In-reply-to: <8405031507.AA17342@HP-VENUS>
Date: 3 May 1984 0806-PDT
Does REQUIRE get evaluated by default by the compiler? The Common Lisp manual
does not say that it does, but I find it difficult to understand how the
package system example could work otherwise. I would appreciate any
clarification you could make. Thank you.
I'm not sure why you're asking me, but I agree that it would be senseless for
the compiler of files not to evaluate at compile time any REQUIRE form that
it comes across at top level. That's what our implementation does.