[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: MOON at SCRC-TENEX
- From: Griss at UTAH-20 (Martin.Griss)
- Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1982 12:20:00 -0000
- Cc: Griss
- In-reply-to: Your message of 22-Feb-82 0113-MST
- Remailed-date: 22 Feb 1982 0827-MST
- Remailed-from: Griss at UTAH-20 (Martin.Griss)
- Remailed-to: common-lisp at SU-AI
Re: Moon's comment on middle-level code as "working" documentation. That is
exactly the route we have been following for PSL at Utah; in the process of
defining and porting our Versions 2 and 3 systems from 20 to VAX to Apollo
domain, a lot of details have been discussed and issues identified.
In order for us to become involved and for others to begin some sort of
implementation, a serious start has to be made on these modules.
We certainly would like to use PSL as starting point for a common lisp
implementation, and this would only happen when LISP sources and firm
agreement on some modules has been reached. We have hopes of PSL running on
DEC-20, VAX, 68000, 360/370 and CRAY sometime later in the year, and would
be delighted to have PSL as a significnat sub-set of Common LISP, if not
more. But right now, there is not much to do.