"exceptions" possibly based on misconception; and EVAL strikes again

        If, however, we do accept (LAMBDA ...) as a valid form that self-evaluates
        (or whatever), then I might propose changing lambda macros to be called
        in normal functional position, or just go to the scheme of not
        distinguishing between lambda and regular macros.

    So how about it?  Regardless of the lambda-macro question, or the style
    of functional programming, let EVAL take

       ((MUMBLE ...) A1 ... A2)  into  `(,(macroexpand '(MUMBLE ...)) A1 ... A2)

Since, in my first note, I said "If, however, we do accept (LAMBDA ...) as a
valid form that...", and we aren't, I am strenuously against this suggestion.