The right way

I think I take slight exception at the remark

    Of course, Lambda Macros are the right way to experiment with the
    functional programming style...

It may be a right way, but surely not the only one.  It seems to me
that actually using functions (rather than macros) also leads to a
functional programming style.  Lambda macros may be faster in some
implementations for some purposes.  However, they do not fulfill all
purposes (as has already been noted: (MAPCAR (FPOSITION ...) ...)).