The format ((MACRO . f) ...)

HIC has pointed out that the LISPM interpreter already treats the
format ((MACRO . f) ...) according to my "second suggestion" for
((FMACRO . f) ..);  although I couldn't find this noted in the current
manual, it does work.   I'd be just as happy with ((MACRO . f) ...)  -- my
only consideration was to avoid a perhaps already used format.  Although the
LISPM compiler currently barfs on this format, I believe there will be a
change soon?

The issue of parallel macro formats -- lambda-macros versus
only context-free macros -- is quite independent; although I
have a preference, I'd be happy with either one.