MACSYMA timing

Well, I understand your reluctance to release timings before the
implementation has been properly tuned; but on the other hand,
looking at the situation in an abstract sort of way, I don't understand
why someone willing to shoot off his mouth and take unsupported pot
shots in a given forum should be unwilling to provide in that same
forum some objective data that might help to douse the flames (and
this goes for people on both sides of the fence).  In short, I merely
meant to suggest a way to prove that the so-called ballyhoo was
worthwhile (not that this is the only way to prove it).
--Guy