Re: Two little suggestions for macroexpansion

JONL's suggestion looks pretty good to me.  Given this sort of facility,
it would be easier to experiment with functional styles of programming,
and nothing very important is lost in the way of useful error checking,
at least nothing that I can see.

"Experiment" is a key word in the above comment.  I would not oppose the
introduction of such a macro facility into Common Lisp, but I would be
very uncomfortable if a functional-programming style started to pervade
the base language -- I think we need to play with such things for a
couple of years before locking them in.