Ballot B

[B1] ok
[B2] yes
[B3] no
[B4a] yes. FLOAT-INTEGER-SIGNIFICAND seems to be new, though clear.
    I don't remember why we're calling it a significand; what's wrong
    with MANTISSA
[B4b] ok.
[B4c] yes, this is definitely worthwhile.
[B5] ok
[B6] yes
[B7] ok. Are we still going to have logical pathnames? I'd rather not
    have to implement them, especially since the description & intent
    don't seem clear to me (examples?). As I see them, most of their
    functionality is provided with this new CONVENTION arg and by most
    underlying file systems.

			---Walter