[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: more misc. stuff
- To: Rees@YALE.ARPA
- Subject: Re: more misc. stuff
- From: Dragon <CELLIO@CMU-CS-C.ARPA>
- Date: Wed 6 Jul 83 14:53:06-EDT
- Cc: common-lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- In-reply-to: Message from "Jonathan Rees <Rees@YALE.ARPA>" of Wed 6 Jul 83 14:47:09-EDT
about -p vs p:
the rule Guy is using is that if the thing to get a predicate has
a hyphen in its name, and the p applies to the entire thing (eg.
compiled-function, simple-string, string-char) then it gets a -p.
If the thing does not have a hyphen (stream, zero, etc) or has a
hyphen but the predicate would only apply to the part after the
hyphen (can't think of an example but I know there's one out there
somewhere) then it gets just a p. This has been corrected in the
as-yet-unfinished followup to the laser edition.