[no subject]

I asked the user community specifically whether they would
rather see the new Common Lisp function named MEMBERP rather than MEMBER.
This is not a poll on the question of aesthetic improvement of
the language, such as might have been done last August
(but for which a poll of the user community as a whole is less relevant
than a poll of people interested in language design).

I find from this poll that about half the users strongly wish
to avoid a conversion, while the other half think it doesn't matter.
If this extrapolates to the users of all the hundred or so Lisp
machines in the world, that's a lot of users who would rather
avoid the conversion.
-------