Packages

I essentially agree with everything MOON said in response to KMP's
message.  I was about to send a very similar message myself.

The only thing I would add is that INIT files are nowhere defined in the
white pages (and probably should not be), but if they were, there is no
reason that they have to follow all the rules LOAD does.  Certain kinds
of state, like the value of *PACKAGE*, want to be preserved across a
LOAD, while an INIT file may well want to change assorted aspects of the
global state.  So I don't see a problem here.

I do have some problems with a couple of the things MOON suggested in
his earlier message on packages, and I'm working on a response to that.

-- Scott