Proposed change to SPECIAL: quick poll

    Date: Fri, 8 Apr 1983  01:33 EST
    From: Scott E. Fahlman <Fahlman@CMU-CS-C>

    I guess I read the manual differently than Moon on one point: I don't
    see the business about allowing SPECIAL declarations at the start of forms
    that do not bind the variable in question.  If it is really necessary to
    use the special value of a symbol that is not globally special, there is
    always SYMBOL-VALUE.

The example at the bottom of page 103 looks rather explicit to me.

This letter is not a reply to anything else in your letter; that will come
later.  Have to put my thinking cap on.