Re: Named lambdas

My reading of what you say is that, as far as the semantics of what is
accessible from common-lisp functions, the name in NAMED-LAMBDA is just
commentary? You say how NAMED-LAMBDA is used, but not what it means.

I don't quite understand about interpreted DEFUNs. Do you mean

(DEFUN FOO (NAMED-LAMBDA FUM (A B C) --))

that the debugger will show FUM on the stack? There's nothing so far in common
lisp which had led me to believe that if you said

(DEFUN FOO (A B C) --)

that the debugger COULDN'T tell that you were inside FOO; I don't believe
such enforced brain-damage should be in the spec for Common-Lisp.

Also: does NAMED-LAMBDA have a different meaning for compiled & interpreted code?
I.e., they get thrown away when you interpret?