Re: #,

I strongly concur with Masinter's request to define the forms to which
the # constructs expand.  It should be possible to represent anything
that can be in a Lisp file using S-expressions, for fairly obvious
reasons.  Although I regard existing "residential system" as
relatively unattractive (in particular I think most of our users
prefer an LEDIT interface to EMACS to the Interlisp structure editor),
we have some very attractive proposals for systems that mix features
of in-core function editors and systems such as LEDIT.  Certainly this
kind of system will only work if we can write back out what we read
in.  This includes both # constructs and comments.  We will surely
define these things locally if we have to, but it seems like a good
idea for everybody to agree on them.
   --------